Hoping for an early release day...snow is on the way!!!!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
|What American accent do you have? |
Your Result: The Midland
|The Inland North|
|http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have">What American accent do you have?|
http://www.gotoquiz.com/">Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
Posted by K.M.L at 10:04 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 6:48 PM
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 5:32 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 5:29 PM
Monday, January 28, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 7:24 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 6:01 PM
- NUDITY I was driving with my three young children one warm Summer evening when a woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout from the back seat, 'Mom! That lady isn't wearing a seat belt!'
- OPINIONS On the first day of school, a first-grader handed his Teacher a note from his mother. The note read, 'The opinions expressed by this child are not necessarily those of his parents.'
- KETCHUP A woman was trying hard to get the ketchup out of the jar. During her struggle the phone rang so she asked her 4-year-old daughter to answer the phone. 'Mommy can't come to the phone to talk to you right now. She's hitting the bottle.'
- MORE NUDITY A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself In the women's locker room. When he was spotted, The room burst into shrieks, with ladies grabbing Towels and running for cover. The little boy watched In amazement and then asked, 'What's the matter, Haven't you ever seen a little boy before?'
- POLICE # 1 While taking a routine vandalism report at an Elementary school, I was interrupted by a little Girl about 6 years old. Looking up and down at My uniform, she asked, 'Are you a cop?' 'Yes,' I answered and continued writing the report. 'My mother said if I ever needed help I should ask The police. Is that right?' 'Yes, that's right,' I told her. 'Well, then,' she said as she extended her foot toward Me, 'would you please tie my shoe?'
- POLICE # 2 It was the end of the day when I parked my police van In front of the station. As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was barking, and I saw a little boy Staring in at me 'Is that a dog you got back there?' he Asked. 'It sure is,' I replied. Puzzled, the boy looked At me and then towards the back of the van. Finally he Said, 'What'd he do?'
- ELDERLY While working for an organization that delivers lunches To elderly shut-ins, I used to take my 4-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds. She was unfailingly intrigued by the various appliances of old age, particularly the canes, walkers and wheelchairs. One day I found her staring at a pair of false teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself for the inevitable barrage of questions, she merely turned and whispered, 'The tooth fairy will never believe this!'
- DRESS-UP A little girl was watching her parents dress for a party. When she saw her dad donning his tuxedo, she warned, 'Daddy, you shouldn't wear that suit.' 'And why not, Darling?' 'You know that it always gives you a headache the next morning. '
- DEATH While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt. Apparently, his 5-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin. Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the disposal of the deceased. The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayers and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his father always said: 'Glory be unto the Father, and unto the Son, and into the hole he goooes.'
- SCHOOL A little girl had just finished her first week of school. 'I'm just wasting my time,' she said to her mother. 'I can't read, I can't write and they won't let me talk!'
- BIBLE A little boy opened the big family bible. He was fascinated As he fingered the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible. He picked Up the object and looked at it. What he saw was an Old leaf that had been pressed in between the pages. 'Mama, look what I found,' the boy called out. 'What have you got there, dear?' With astonishment in The young boy's voice, he answered, 'I think it's Adam's underwear.'
Posted by K.M.L at 4:10 PM
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 3:50 PM
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 4:46 PM
- Q. What is your favorite fast food restaurant? A. probably subway.
- Q. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? A. Chili's or TGI friday.
- Q. On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant? A. It depends on how they did....me once being a waitress, I always try to leave at least 20% but if they stink, I'll give a lower amount.
- Q. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? A. peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches....loved them in elem. school and still do!
- Q. What are your pizza toppings of choice? A. cheese...sometimes if I'm in a mood, I'll get mushrooms or jalepenos.
- Q. What do you like to put on your toast? A. peanut butter
- Q. What is your wallpaper on your computer? A. a scenic picture of a mountain and river and in my google sidebar I have a picture slideshow going of friends and family
- Q. How many televisions are in your house? A. three.
- Q. Are you right-handed or left-handed? A. right handed
- Q. Have you ever had anything removed from your body? A. parts of my l4 and l5 disk in my back, muscle tissue around my lower legs, moles, wisdom teeth, endometriosis, cartilage in my knee....I think that's it!
- Q. What is the last heavy item you lifted? A. I have no idea....Mike usually never lets me because of my back.
- Q. Have you ever been knocked unconscious? A. Yep..during soccer games
- Q. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? A. Um, no.
- Q. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? A. I've always liked the name Kjersten and have the nickname KJ...sometimes I think it might be better than Kasey (KC) ha!
- Q. What color do you think looks best on you? A. Blue or green
- Q. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake? A. I don't think so....
- Q. Have you ever saved some one’s life? A. Nope.
- Q. Has someone ever saved yours? A. God, after my car accident where I fell asleep and ran into the back of a semi truck
- Q. Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100? A. Depends…are we talking sister, mom, etc????
- Q. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000? A. no way!
- Q. Would you never blog again for $50,000? A. I'm not sure on this one.....Does that mean never read other blogs too???
- Q. Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000? A. no way jose!
- Q. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? A. no way....I'd be paying for that later.
- Q. Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000? A. Nope.
- Q: What is in your left pocket? A: My pajamas don’t have pockets. Most of the times, there are pens or markers from teaching
- Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie? A: Yes. Duh!
- Q: Do you sit or stand in the shower? A: Stand.
- Q: Could you live with roommates? A: I could....I did in college with soccer roommates, so yep.
- Q: How many pairs of flip flops do you own? A: 8ish
- Q: Last time you had a run-in with the cops? A: Does Mike count? Ha!
- Q: What do you want to be when you grow up? A: Aren’t I grown up already? a teacher, better wife and a mom. :)
- Q: Last Friend you talked to? A: Martine
- Q: Last person who called you? A: Mike
- Q: Last person you saw? A: Mike
- Q: Number? A: 5 or 12...both my soccer numbers
- Q: Season? A: Summer
- Q: Missing someone? A: My family in STL
- Q: Mood? A: Peaceful
- Q: Listening to? A: the hum of the computer and Jack snoring.
- Q: Watching? A: nothing....
- Q: Worrying about? A: my grandma and Mike at work
- Q: First place you went this morning? A: To the kitchen because Jack got into the trash and I heard him destroying the tortillini wrapper from dinner last night.
- Q: What can you not wait to do? A: paint the bathroom and clean sweep another room!
- Q: What’s the last movie you saw? A: Top Gun (on tv last night)
- Q: Do you smile often? A: I like to think that I do....
- Q: Are you a friendly person? A: I hope so!!!
Posted by K.M.L at 7:30 AM
Friday, January 25, 2008
- I feel like I haven't talked about anything else except wanting babies and my grandma...so here's some other things that have been going on lately
- My class is amazing. We have been having a great time in class lately and we have a student teacher this semester, so they are excited. We are reading some great books for our book clubs and the Missouri Mark Twain Award books. Some I would recommend are Kingdom Keepers, Peak, The Old Willis Place, and Abduction.
- I am hosting our Bunco group in February and I'm excited to have everyone over to see our house. It will be all Valentiney...is that even a word?! Does anyone want to come??? It's Feb. 21st at 6:30 pm.
- Jack seems to be a little under the weather lately...or maybe he's bored because he can't be outside for too long because it's freezin'.
- Mike and I are going to go to the Lake of the Ozarks in Feb. with the Morrisons for a little getaway! So excited!
- We are currently watching Top Gun and we both forgot how good it is. :) Tom Cruise looks so young. (Negative GhostRider, the pattern is full!) That's for you Ryan..from Mike :)
- I am going to finally paint our bathroom this weekend. Hopefully when I take the tape off it won't take the wall off too since I've had it on for 5 days!
- My students have been learning about robotics from their science teacher and it's amazing what they've learned. They programmed them and got to try them out on the course.
Posted by K.M.L at 7:22 PM
First of all...I love Katie Mohr! She rocks! She wrote about a topic that has been on my heart lately and I'll tell you why...but first...read her post! Click here! I am not really sure where to start or what is going to come out as I sit here typing this so bear with me. I am not an eloquent writer...so I'll do my best to share. As some of you know, Mike and I have been trying to have a baby for the last 4 years. At first, we thought, whenever it happens it will happen.....but, now 4 years later, it still hasn't happened. I have always wanted to be a mom and experience motherhood and I know I will...I just thought it would have happened sooner rather than later. Awhile back we decided to go to the doctor and get checked out to see what the problem could be. I did have some endometriosis and had surgery to get that taken care of, but it still wasn't happening. In the beginning, along the way we never thought to get Mike tested. We just thought it was me....so a couple of months ago, Mike was finally tested and part of our difficulty is him and his boys. The other part could be that I'm allergic to his sperm or any other of the unknown reasons why people are having a hard time conceiving. For now, we are seeing a specialist and are going to be starting artificial insemination this month, or as soon as I ovulate. Of course, this isn't even a guarantee that it will work. The questions that I keep coming back to is WHY? (bear with me as I ramble on...) Why did we wait so long to have Mike tested? Why does it seem that EVERYONE is pregnant right now? I turn around and someone else in our circle is pregnant...and I am so happy for them, but still think WHY can't it be us?! Why are so many couples these days having a hard time conceiving? Why I don't know many of the questions that I keep coming to, but I do know that everything happens for a reason and that God does have a plan for us. I don't like being labeled as infertile...and when people ask about us and kids and if we are trying I want to yell at them and say YES we've been trying for 4 freakin' years. I know their are other couples who have been trying longer and I am so envious at their strength and gratitude for the things that are happening in their lives. I am so grateful for the friends (and blog friends) that are in my life. I am not one to share my feelings so openly and be so honest and to be able to share this with other women who are going through this or have gone through this helps me realize that it is not just us. So as we (and others) are going through this time in our/their lives please pray that we'll have strength and guidance throughout this process and trust that God has his plan for us. Thanks.
Posted by K.M.L at 5:30 PM
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 7:14 PM
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
My grandma is still in the hospital....they are still running tests and don't really know what happened or what's wrong. She doesn't remember anything from that day so that's pretty scary to me. My sister went up to visit her and my parents, and Kelli said she doesn't look like her "normal" self. I feel so bad being 2 hrs. away...I'm thinking I'll definitely have to come in Fri. after work or Sat. I hope it's nothing too serious. She is having a hard time with this because she can't remember what happened and it is frusterating to her. She loves puzzles and my mom brought up her puzzle that she usually does in the everyday paper, and she couldn't complete the cryptogram section.....so...apparently something is still wrong...she knows something is wrong and I don't like that. I feel so bad. I've never gone through anything like this and don't know what to do. It could just be because she has diabetes and was sick with the flu and didn't get enough fluids or food that day...but still...based on what my mom and sister said, she just didn't look like herself. Anyway, I thought I'd let you all know.....please continue your prayers. Thank you!
Posted by K.M.L at 9:40 PM
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 7:41 PM
How many of these did you know about? I got this in an email from and friend and thought it was interesting...I'm not sure how many are actually true. I guess I'll have to try a few and see if they work...especially # 10, 12, and 18!
- A sealed envelope - Put in the freezer for a few hours, then slide a knife under the flap. The envelope can then be resealed. (hmmmmmm
- Use Empty toilet paper roll to store appliance cords. It keeps them neat and you can write on the roll what appliance it belongs to
- For icy door steps in freezing temperatures: get warm water and put Dawn dish washing liquid in it. Pour it all over the steps. They won't refreeze.
- To remove old wax from a glass candle holder, put it in the freezer for a few hours. Then take the candle holder out and turn it upside down. The wax will fall out.
- Crayon marks on walls? This worked wonderfully! A damp rag, dipped in baking soda. Comes off with little effort (elbow grease that is!).
- Permanent marker on appliances/counter tops use rubbing alcohol on paper towel
- Whenever I purchase a box of S.O.S Pads, I immediately take a pair of scissors and cut each pad into halves. After years of having to throw away rusted and unused and smelly pads, I finally decided that this would be much more economical. Now a box of S.O.S pads last me indefinitely! In fact, I have noticed that the scissors get 'sharpened'' this way
- Blood stains on clothes? Not to worry! Just pour a little hydrogen peroxide on a cloth and proceed to wipe off every drop of blood. Works every time!
- Use vertical strokes when washing windows outside and horizontal for inside windows. This way you can tell which side has the streaks. Straight vinegar will get outside windows really clean. Don't wash windows on a sunny day. They will dry too quickly and will probably streak
- Spray a bit of perfume on the light bulb in any room to create a lovely light scent in each room when the light is turned on
- Place fabric softener sheets in dresser drawers and your clothes will smell freshly washed for weeks to come. You can also do this with towels and linen
- Candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for at least 3 hours prior to burning
- To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag and add the flowers. Shake vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt and leave your artificial flowers looking like new! Works like a charm!
- To easily remove burnt on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover bottom of pan, and bring to a boil on stove top.
- Spray your TUPPERWARE with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato based sauces and there won't be any stains.
- Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
- When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness
- Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half, and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
- Don't throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces ........ Left over wine? What's that? :)
- To get rid of itch from mosquito bites, try applying soap on the area and you will experience instant relief.
- Ants, ants, ants everywhere ... Well, they are said to never cross a chalk line. So, get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or wherever ants tend to march. See for yourself.
- Use air-freshener to clean mirrors. It does a good job and better still, leaves a lovely smell to the shine.
- When you get a splinter, reach for the scotch tape before resorting to tweezers or a needle. Simply put the scotch tape over the splinter, and then pull it off. Scotch tape removes most splinters painlessly and easily
- Now look what you can do with Alka Seltzer........
Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous China
Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka Seltzer tablets
Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes
Clean a thermos bottle. Fill the bottle with water, drop in four Alka Seltzer tablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary
Unclog a drain. Clear the sink drain by dropping three Alka Seltzer tablets down the drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar. Wait a few minutes, and then run the hot water.
Makes you wonder about ingesting Alka Seltzer, doesn't it?
Posted by K.M.L at 4:18 PM
Monday, January 21, 2008
- taped the bathroom so hopefully we can paint it soon
- did 3 loads of laundry
- watched our Blockbuster video, Zodiac and even got to watch Oprah today!
- cleaned and dusted the kitchen, living room, and bathrooms
- "clean sweeped" our office...we got rid of 3 bags of garbage! wow!
- organized my scrapbook/Arbonne/Guest bedroom and put away the last few Christmas gifts
- went to Dave and Sarah's house to see their rooms that have been painted...it looks good!
- took lots of medicine and rested to get over this cold I have
- Wrote my Masters Application to hopefully get in to the ELL masters program at Mizzou
- Talked to the doctor about our IVF that we are hopefully going to try this week! More on that later...
We hope you had a great Martin Luther King Jr. day!
Posted by K.M.L at 6:54 PM
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 10:09 AM
Thursday, January 17, 2008
I am still feeling pretty sick, but I got an email from a friend about this crime area map and it is scary stuff. You can see where people who committed crimes work and live around you. It is family watchdog. When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as the small icon of a house and red, blue, green, dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a picture of a person will appear with an address and the description of the crime he or she had committed. This site was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted. Another tool to help us keep our kids safe....
Posted by K.M.L at 7:42 PM
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
- Q: What does next year have in store for you? A:Holiday in Spain by Counting Crows
- Q: What does your love life look like next year? A: Let it Rain by Eric Clapton
- Q: What do you say when life gets hard? A: All You Need is Love by The Beatles
- Q: Song that reminds you of good times? A: All I Need to Know by Kenny Chesney
- Q: What do you think when you get up in the morning? A: I'll Be Seeing You by Jimmy Durante from The Notebook
- Q: What song will you dance to at your wedding? A: The Real Thing by Gwen Stefani
- Q: Song that reminds you of your first kiss? A: One by U2
- Q: Your favorite saying? A: Yesterday by The Beatles
- Q: Favorite place? A: The Rising by Bruce Springsteen
- Q: Most Missed Memory? A: When I Close my Eyes by Kenny Chesney
- Q: What song describes your best friend? A: Living for the City by Stevie Wonder
- Q: What song describes your ex? A: In the Jailhouse Now by The Soggy Bottom Boys from O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Q: Where would you go on a first date? A: House Blues/The Porch Dance/The Proposal/The Carnival by Aaron Zigman from The Notebook
- Q: Drug of choice? A: Beautiful Mess by Diamond Rio
- Q: What song describes yourself? A: The First Noel by Josh Groban feat. Faith Hill
- Q: What is the thing you like doing most? A: Baby, It's Cold Outside by Leon Redbone from the movie Elf (This is the 1 thing I don't like doing...being cold! yuck!)
- Q: The song that best describes the president? A: Danger Zone by Gwen Stefani
- Q: Where will you be in 10 years? A: I'll Be Home for Christmas by Josh Groban
- Q: Your love life right now? A: Steady On by Point of Grace
- Q: What is your state of mind like at the moment? A: Let if Grow by Eric Clapton (hopefully a baby soon!!!)
- Q: How will you die? A: Help! by The Beatles (hmmmm.....)
- That’s all. Let me know if you play along.
Posted by K.M.L at 6:35 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 4:54 PM
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 11:55 AM
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 9:25 PM
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 10:13 PM
Friday, January 11, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 10:50 AM
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 3:57 PM
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!! woohoo! The weekend is ALMOST here! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 7:43 AM
Monday, January 7, 2008
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 1:11 PM
Friday, January 4, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 5:34 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 5:15 PM