Thursday, July 31, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 12:29 PM
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Seriously! Stop raining! I only have a few more weeks of my summer break and I want to spend it out in the sunshine...so stop the rain please :)
Posted by K.M.L at 10:12 AM
Man...we look SO young!
Posted by K.M.L at 8:26 AM
Monday, July 28, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 8:06 PM
- Dear Mike,
- I am SO sorry for being an absolute irate not nice person this past week. Clomid did not fare well for my emotional state and everything you did seemed to make it worse. I apologize for disagreeing with everything you said or did and making your life not very fun this past week. The good news is that hopefully our 4th IUI will work this week and I won't have to go on that again...or until we are ready for another baby! ;) Love you...
- For your readers who don't know what I am talking about...This was the 1st time I was on Clomid; the fertility drug and seriously, it messed with me big time. I was very hormonal and emotional and agitated with everything! Mike got the worst of it.....oops! Hopefully our 4th IUI will work this week and we'll have some good news. Send good thoughts and prayers our way this week!!! Thanks!!
Posted by K.M.L at 6:32 PM
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Krista and I have been friends for as long as I can remember...I think since Kindergarten. Anyway, we've hardly had a chance to see each other hang out since high school. She came to our wedding and my 25th birthday party, but we've both been so busy living our lives, that time has just passed. I am SO glad that we've finally gotten back in touch with each other and have caught each other up about what has been going on in our lives. Yesterday, we met in Warrenton to catch up, grab some lunch and reminisce. It was awesome! It has felt like no time has passed between us and that is the best kind of friendship...the kind where you feel connected no matter how much time has passed or what's been going on. I love that. Krista and I had a great time yesterday...we were loud and laughing and just enjoying our friendship. She is going to kill me for posting some of our pictures from WAY back in the day...but they are hilarious!! ha! It seems that in every picture, I am always on the right and Krista on the left! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 8:08 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 10:12 AM
Friday, July 25, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
5 things I am thankful for today...
- Friends who call out of the blue
- That I didn't have to decide today if I needed to have my 2nd back surgery
- The house is clean
- My camera that was broke and shipped to Canon to get fixed, is back...and working! woohoo!
- I am almost finished with the 3rd book in the Twilight series
What are you thankful for???
Posted by K.M.L at 10:08 PM
- Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow down in overall system performance, particularly in the flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.
- In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, and then installed undesirable programs such as NASCAR 6.0, NFL 5.1 and Golf Clubs 4.1.
- Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. Please note that I have tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do?
- Signed, Desperate.
- First, keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system. Please enter command: ithoughtyoulovedme.HTML and try to download Tears 6.2 and do not forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update. If that application works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.
- However, remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1. Please note that Beer 6. 1 is a very bad program that will download the Farting and Snoring Loudly Beta.
- Whatever you do, DO NOT under any circumstances install M-I-L 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources.) In addition, please do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend 5.0-program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.
- In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We recommend Cooking 3.0 and Hot Lingerie 7.7.
- Sincerely, Tech Support
Posted by K.M.L at 6:35 PM
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
End of Day: I met up with some great friends, whom I taught with, to catch up and hear how their summer is going. They are all going to be at different schools next year. :( We met at Heidelberg which has a great happy hour and 1/2 price appetizers. It is SO great to have amazing friends!
Posted by K.M.L at 7:32 PM
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
- Why does it always have to rain when Mike is supposed to mow the lawn??? Hmmm... It's been thundering and pouring rain all night. It's the kind of low rumble thunder with occasional crackling and every time we have a huge storm our backyard has a river running through it. This of course, gets Jack soaked and muddy....not very fun to clean.
- Why didn't I think of doing this earlier? I seriously love making these diaper cakes....I have another baby shower to go to in August for a friend and thought I'd make another cake!Don't you just want to eat it up! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 7:51 AM
Posted by K.M.L at 7:28 AM
Monday, July 21, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 10:24 PM
Because I LOVE books...I've decided to do this Book Meme that I found on Busted Babymaker. This is probably really boring for some of you to read through this post...but oh well! ;) Here's how it works:
- Look at the list and bold those you have read.
- Italicize those you intend to read.
- Underline (or mark in a different color) the books you LOVE - mine are in red
- Reprint this list in your blog so we can try and track down these people who’ve read 6 and force books upon them ;-)
- Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
- The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
- Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
- Harry Potter series - JK Rowling -
- To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
- The Bible - yeah, right.
- Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
- Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell
- His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
- Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
- Little Women - Louisa M Alcott
- Tess of the D’Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy
- Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
- Complete Works of Shakespeare - has anyone read all of them? I've read Midsummer Night's Dream, the Tempest, Romeo and Juliet...
- Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier
- The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien
- Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks
- Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger
- The Time Traveller’s Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
- Middlemarch - George Eliot
- Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
- The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald
- Bleak House - Charles Dickens
- War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy - maybe if I am ever on bedrest I can tackle this one.
- The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
- Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh
- Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
- Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
- The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
- Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy -
- David Copperfield - Charles Dickens
- Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis
- Emma - Jane Austen
- Persuasion - Jane Austen
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - CS Lewis
- The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
- Captain Corelli’s Mandolin - Louis De Bernieres
- Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden - I love the movie too.
- Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne
- Animal Farm - George Orwell
- The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
- One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving
- The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
- Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery
- Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy
- The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood
- Lord of the Flies - William Golding
- Atonement - Ian McEwan -
- Life of Pi - Yann Martel -
- Dune - Frank Herbert
- Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons
- Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
- A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth
- The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
- Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
- Love In The Time Of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
- Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov -
- The Secret History - Donna Tartt
- The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
- Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
- On The Road - Jack Kerouac
- Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy
- Bridget Jones’s Diary - Helen Fielding
- Midnight’s Children - Salman Rushdie
- Moby Dick - Herman Melville
- Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
- Dracula - Bram Stoker -
- The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Notes From A Small Island - Bill Bryson
- Ulysses - James Joyce -
- The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath -
- Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome
- Germinal - Emile Zola
- Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray
- Possession - AS Byatt
- A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
- Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
- The Color Purple - Alice Walker
- The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
- Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
- A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
- Charlotte’s Web - EB White
- The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Faraway Tree Collection
- Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad -
- The Little Prince - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks
- Watership Down - Richard Adams -
- A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole
- A Town Like Alice - Nevil Shute
- The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
- Hamlet - William Shakespeare
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl
- Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
Posted by K.M.L at 9:53 PM
I made my Grandma a shutterfly book for her birthday...very cute! Look how young we were on the cover! ha! :)
My mom is on the left with 3 of her sisters. This was the first time her mom (my grandma) has been to a Cardinal game! She loved it and even wore her rally cap to help them win!
This is my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Mark from Texas. :)
Kelli and Dad smiling for the camera!
Posted by K.M.L at 6:29 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 1:50 PM
Sunday, July 20, 2008
ESPY awards are on! So excited! Can't wait to see who wins and Justin Timberlake host. :)
Posted by K.M.L at 7:03 PM
Saturday, July 19, 2008
- Accent: sometimes...but not really
- Breakfast: usually coffee (I know it's not very healthy!) I do like cereal and peanut butter waffles
- Chores I don’t like: dusting...it makes me sneeze!
- Dog or Cat: no cats please! We love Jack boy!
- Essential Electronics: laptop, camera, phone, and ipod
- Favorite Cologne: I have no idea...but I like what Mike wears (David Beckham)
- Gold or Silver: Silver
- Handbag I wear most often: I switch them up alot because I get bored...but they are all from Target
- Insomnia: nope.
- Job title: Teacher
- Kids: hopefully many!
- Living arrangements: 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath in Columbia
- Most admirable trait: friendly and caring
- Naughtiest childhood behavior: not listening or being a smartmouth!
- Overnight hospital stays: Way too many to count. At least 10 with surgeries....
- Phobias: Heights, bugs, storms, and the dark.
- Quote: It's pretty standard, but I love "Live well, Laugh Often, and Love much"
- Reason to smile: Knowing that God loves me, hearing Jack snore, having my family and my husband say I love you, and another beautiful day
- Siblings: 1 brother & 1 sister
- Time I wake up: During the school year, 5:30 am; in summer...um...9 am
- Unusual talent or skill: I don't have too much that is unusual...at least I can't think of any right now.
- Vegetable I refuse to eat: Brussels sprouts.
- Worst habit: cracking my knuckles...definitely
- X-Rays: Are you kidding? Want to see them? Way too many....
- Yummy stuff: chocolate chip cookies and Shakespears' pizza. Not combined.
- Zoo animal I like most: tigers
Posted by K.M.L at 7:43 PM
I am so excited!!! I talked Mike into rearranging our living room yesterday and it looks so much better! We moved the 9 shelf bookshelf downstairs (I'll get pics once it's finished) and moved the armoire tv stand to the other wall. We switched the couches/chair around and I'm so impressed! The hard part was getting the tv cable drilled through the floor to connect it downstairs...after some maneuvering, we got it hooked up. Our new purchase (from the stimilus check) was the console table. This is on the wall where the tv was...it's not totally done yet with decorations, but you get the idea.
Posted by K.M.L at 7:05 PM
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Top 5 reasons I like today...
- Laundry is finished from our trip!
- It is a beautiful day outside
- Mike, Jack and I have been hanging out all day
- Dinner is cooking for tonight...woohoo!
- Vantage Point is waiting for us to watch tonight
What do you like about today?
Posted by K.M.L at 2:08 PM
Looking for clues...Bobbin' for apples Silly string tag! This was SO much fun!
Posted by K.M.L at 10:03 AM