Monday, June 29, 2009

Firsts...

Today was a day of firsts for Evan...just not the best "first" things to remember. The past few days Evan has been congested and wheezing a little bit and today I called the doctor to get him checked out just to make sure things were okay. It is a good thing we went in...Evan has his first cold :( but he also has bronchiolitis. He had his first xray, which he did not like being held down (by me) and he also had his first breathing treatment. Evan and I were sent home with his prescription, nebulizer and fish mask and the directions to keep an eye on him so it doesn't get worse. The good news is that he is still eating and gaining weight...Evan tipped the scales today at a whopping 10 lbs. 5 oz!!! Here's hoping our little guy starts to feel better soon!

6 comments:

Dan and Amanda said...

Oh no!!!! I hope he feels better soon! :( Poor baby.

Heather S. said...

I am so sorry! I was totally there. Norah was about the same age when she also bronchiolitis. No fun. My next 2 babies did not go anywhere in public (other than the doctor) until they were about 8 weeks old - we even alternated going to church!!

Laura said...

Poor baby! :( So glad you called the doctor...Here's hoping Evan feels better really soon!!!

Tamara said...

That totally sucks, girl! If you can't make it tomorrow night for dinner and to discuss our paper, just gimme a call! Sounds like you have other more important things to take care of right now! Your family is in my prayers...here's to better health for ESL!

Mandy, Dustin and Thomas said...

Poor little guy. So glad you took him in Kasey. I feel so bad, becuase you asked us about it on Saturday and I thought he didn't sound that bad. Really sorry. Give the little guy a kiss for me.

Steph said...

Awwww...! He's way too small to have that nebulizer thingie... :( I hope he gets better soon!