This week's theme at I ♥ Faces is actually tooshies! I took this picture a little over two years ago of my brother in law, sister in law, and my two adorable nieces! I love the way the light is shining through the trees and them walking hand in hand. It is my absolute favorite of them! Head on over to I ♥ Faces to see all of the great pictures!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Posted by K.M.L at 4:12 PM
Getting old is never any fun, especially when you try running around with girls who've just graduated in the last few years! Our high school had our first annual alumni soccer game on Saturday. The girls played at 11 and the guys played at 1. Since Kelli and I graduated in '97 and '99, we got to be on the same team which was fun. Let's just say, graduating high school 12 years ago and trying to play like I used to doesn't mix anymore! I am s.l.o.w...I didn't have the same touch on the ball that I used to, but definitely had a lot of fun seeing old friends and catching up. I actually think I did pretty well considering I just had a baby 6 months ago! It was a little weird to have to go nurse Evan at halftime...I'm 100% sure I didn't do that at the games in high school! ha! Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better day...almost 70* and sunny...beautiful soccer weather. :) Now, let's hope I can move these next few days and aren't completely sore...doubt it! Kelly '98, Tracie '98, Carrie '96 (her son Brandon), me '97 (Evan) and Kelli ('99) Class of '97 players...Dennis, me, Mike, and Nick Jill '96, Natalie '99, Coach Casa, me, Kelli, Tracie, and Coach Bayens
Posted by K.M.L at 7:44 AM
Saturday, November 28, 2009
We had a great Thanksgiving Break! We spent time on Thursday with Mike's parents eating, playing with Evan, sleeping, football, and scrabble. Friday we headed to my parents house to celebrate. Kelli and I were in charge of the food while my mom is down in Texas with my aunt, and everything was delicious! We hung out at their house, played with Evan, and Kelli and I went to see New Moon again. :) We are so thankful for family! Evan even enjoyed some yummy sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 7:33 PM
Friday, November 27, 2009
- I can not believe you are 6 months old today! A half of a year already! Yikes!!!! Time is moving so fast...You are such a joy in our lives and we are so thankful and happy you are finally here with us after so many years of praying for you.
- You have such a great personality and are almost always so happy! If there was one word to describe you, it would be happy. Almost everyone that meets you says that "he is such a happy baby" and your dad and I would have to agree. You have a smile that lights up a room and brings a smile to our faces every time. This has been a big month for you...you are weighing in around 20 pounds! You don't have many "rolls" though...maybe because you are tall too; you are around 27 inches long. You are now rolling around like crazy and are so close to crawling. You can get to where you need to get to by rolling and scooting. We had to baby proof some things and even had to lower your crib because you can prop yourself up to an almost sitting position. You are definitely a mover!!!!
- This month you took your first airplane ride to Florida and did so great! We had such a great first vacation and couldn't believe how much stuff we had to take for you! It was definitely worth it though, I'm sure others in the airport were laughing at us, but that's okay! It was interesting traveling with the pack-n-play, car seat and stroller, plus our bags! You had fun at the beach, even though you didn't like the loud waves coming at you. It was fun introducing you to my college roomie and her kids too.
- You have the cutest laugh ever! You like daddy or me throwing you up in the air and you laugh so hard...it's the best thing ever. You also like when we play horsie with you on our leg. I still can't believe your first word was da-da! ;) You say this so much now and it's hilarious listening to you say it with different tones, etc. We're still working hard on getting you to say ma-ma! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 7:33 AM
Thursday, November 26, 2009
On this Thanksgiving Day, I wanted to say that I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, amazing son, great dog, family, and friends. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends and have many reasons to be thankful!
Posted by K.M.L at 7:05 AM
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
- Today I am cooking a few things to bring over to my in-laws house for Thanksgiving tomorrow and my parents house for Friday.
- I am making Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Roasted Cranberries and Pears, and Fruit Pizza. Yum!
- Here are the recipes for the Bread and Cranberries in case you'd like to have them
- What are you looking forward to doing/eating tomorrow???
- Roasted Cranberries and Pears
- place the pears and cranberries on a cookie sheet
- dot the fruit with the butter and sprinkle it with the sugar
- Roast it in the 400* oven for 45 minutes, stirring once about halfway through.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Cream together sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in milk, bananas, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for about 60 minutes for regular loaf pan or 30 minutes for mini loaf pans.
Posted by K.M.L at 11:00 AM
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
How amazing is this article!?! My Uncle Mark and his family gave a huge donation to Chaminade High School in St. Louis, it was announced today. Very cool...
Posted by K.M.L at 8:35 PM
Top 10 reasons that I'm thankful for our car situation...
- Mike gets to use the undercover company car every other month! woohoo! We save on gas!
- Our Escape's anti-lock brake light came on yesterday...glad I got it checked out. It turns out my axle was broken! That definitely could've been bad...
- While getting our car fixed, (we had to wait 2 hours!) Evan was amazing! The mechanics were making faces at him, getting him to laugh, and talking to him...it was really cute.
- Glad that we can fit Jack, luggage, and ourselves into our car when heading to St. Louis (not sure what we are going to do with all the presents at Christmas time!).
- Our cars are paid off!
- Evan loves riding in the car and is such a great napper in there! (Let's keep fingers crossed that it stays that way!).
- I love my 5 cd changer (currently listening to the New Moon Soundtrack and Carrie Underwood's new CD).
- Thankful that we haven't hit a deer this year!
- Mike's cavalier is falling apart, but still works...we are hoping after our tax return to get something else for him...(or he gets the escape and I get something!)
- Hoping everyone has safe travels over this Thanksgiving holiday, especially my mom, uncles, and aunts who are headed to see my Aunt Barb down in Texas tonight.
Posted by K.M.L at 10:03 AM
Monday, November 23, 2009
- Evan's teeth have been bothering him so bad the past few days. He is chewing on everything but the bad part is he is getting up at night (and he was doing so well). We are doing tylenol and teething tablets. I hope those darn teeth pop through soon!
- I've tried twice the last two days to get our Christmas lights up on our tree...I tried the blue lights first and put them all around the tree. Then, I plugged them in and noticed that half of one of the strands didn't work! argh! So...I took all of those off and then tried the white lights we had. I learned my lesson and plugged them in before wrapping them around the tree. One of those strands were out too. Ugh!!!! So...we have our tree up and no lights and a big ol' box of ornaments just sitting in the living room. I'm hoping the third time is the charm!
- Good news is they went in to do surgery on my Uncle Mark's lung today and it turns out they are 99% sure that it isn't cancer! So, they just took a biopsy and didn't have to take out part of his lung. I'm so glad! My Aunt Barb had a great day today too. Thank you so much for your prayers and keep them coming!
- One of Mike's coworkers is nominated for the People's Sexiest Dad's of the Year! Mandy submitted Dustin's photo and he is a finalist!!!! Head on over to this link on people Scroll down to the purple box where it says the People vote. Under the title where it says "Tell us what you thought of '09" click on the tab where it says See All Polls. After clicking on that, Scroll down where it says Real People: Who's the Sexiest Dad? Is the second to the bottom on the right hand side! Vote for Dustin Moyer!!! :)
- Mike and I went to see New Moon yesterday! It was SO good! I can't wait to see it again! Mike's mom and Mike went to see New Moon tonight and Kelli and I are going on Friday. Go Team Edward!
Posted by K.M.L at 7:20 PM
Sunday, November 22, 2009
- What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
- Where were you born and where do you live now?
- If you could move anywhere, where would you move to?
- What would be your ideal job?
- What is your favorite Christmas song?
Posted by K.M.L at 9:50 AM
Saturday, November 21, 2009
While Mike was working the last home football game of the season (woohoo!) I decided to start decorating for Christmas. I know...I know...it's a tad early, but I just love this time of the year! And as you can see, Evan was excited as well! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 4:37 PM
Because I am playing in my high school soccer alumni game next Saturday, I thought I'd do a little reminiscing about the past. Here ya go...the first pic is from my senior year, the 2nd pic is from my freshman year (nice bangs!) ha! Enjoy!
- Did you date someone from your school? Yes
- What kind of car did you drive? Brown Cutlass Supreme, Black Suzuki Sport, and a Red Oldsmobile Royale
- What was the most embarrassing moment of HS? I'm sure I had a ton, but none are coming to me...
- Were you a party animal? I did go to my fair share of parties, but I wouldn't consider myself an animal! :)
- Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so...
- Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in mixed choir for a year (because we had to take at least a year of music) but stopped. I think everyone else appreciated that! I can not sing!
- Were you a nerd? Probably...
- Were you on any varsity teams? Yep...varsity soccer, basketball and softball
- Did you get suspended/expelled? no way, my dad would've kicked my behind!
- Can you still sing the fight song? unfortunately not...I'm not even sure I know it, let alone sing it ;)
- Who were your favorite teachers? Way too many...I loved school! Casa, Rainey, Hermann, Bayens, Dr. D., Hey, and Shorty
- Where did you sit during lunch? With friends in the cafeteria...
- School mascot? The Falcons
- Did you go to homecoming, and with who? Yep, I think it was someone new each year (Matt H., Mike W., Gary A., and ?????)
- If you could go back and do it again, would you? Definitely :)
- What do you remember most about graduation? Having graduation on the soccer field and seeing all of my friends and family. I remember trying to get those darn bobby pins out of my long hair so I could get my cap off to throw it...never did! oh well! :)
- Where did you go senior skip day? To school...I'm sure I had some sort of game that day that I didn't want to miss
- Were you in any clubs? Honors Society, Pep Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes and a few more...
- Have you gained some weight since then? um...yep!
- Who was your prom date? Gary
- Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Already did (I can't believe that was 2 years ago!)
- Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't stress, have fun, and the best things are yet to come...
Posted by K.M.L at 9:59 AM
Friday, November 20, 2009
- Listening to Christmas music and hearing Evan giggle and laugh
- Smelling the chocolate chip banana bread and Fruit Pizza that I baked earlier
- Watching Evan play in his exersaucer and rolling around on the floor earlier
- Tasting my yummy coffee
- Touching Evan's cute little toes and getting ready to clean the house for my shutterfly party tonightHappy Friday everyone!!! Have a great weekend!
Posted by K.M.L at 2:27 PM
Thursday, November 19, 2009
- Lunch with great friends
- A cooing baby trying to fall asleep
- A hubby who loves me
- A baby who said "da da" today
- A beautiful day
- Grilled cheese
- Grey's Anatomy tonight
- A clean house
Posted by K.M.L at 3:48 PM
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
- Thank you for encouraging us to work hard
- Thank you for believing in us
- Thank you for teaching us how to believe in ourselves
- Thank you for letting us make mistakes
- Thank you for helping us fix our mistakes if needed
- Thank you for holding us accountable
- Thank you for loving us every day
- Thank you for pushing us to succeed
- Thank you for putting our needs ahead of your own
- Thank you for taking us to our practice and games
- Thank you for watching those games in the hot sun and freezing snow
- Thank you for playing basketball with us in the backyard
- Thank you for playing soccer with us in the backyard
- Thank you for letting us choose our friends
- Thank you for not asking when those friends weren't friends anymore
- Thank you for teaching us how to drive
- Thank you for not yelling at us when we were in car accidents
- Thank you for making our house a home
- Thank you for everything you've done for us even when we didn't say thanks
- Thank you for giving us boundaries
- Thank you for giving us Nugget, Kix, Bluebird, Lemondrop, and the fish
- Thank you for teaching us how to care for those pets
- Thank you for helping us complete projects at 11 pm
- Thank you for not doing those projects for us
- Thank you for showing us the difference between right and wrong
- Thank you for being a wonderful mom and dad
- Thank you for being fantastic grandparents
- Thank you for teaching us to be responsible for ourselves
- Thank you for visiting us at college and being the "cool" parents
- Thank you for showing us that marriage takes work and isn't always easy
- Thank you for raising three great kids ;) and loving us each and every day...
Posted by K.M.L at 8:37 AM