Last week's project life :)
1. Top left: Alex playing with his toys and getting a big ol' grin because Evan is saying "baby Agex" over and over.
2. Top right: Evan's preschool report :)
3. Middle row: Alex reading, the boys and their superhero shirts, and enjoying the first sled ride of the winter
4. Bottom row: Evan loved pulling Alex in the snow and on the write, a note about prayers for my mom while we wait for the results from the biopsy to see if it is cancer (and we are still waiting...so still appreciate the prayers)
1. Top row: Mike's letter from Mizzou accepting him into the PhD program! Way to go Mike!!!!!!! and also Alex working on his pincher grasp...still trying to get those thumbs to work :)
2. Middle row: A few of my facebook status's from this week, playing downstairs, Evan pointing and saying "This is Superman", and Mike and Evan watching a show before E's bedtime
3. Bottom row: A sweet letter from Mike's grandma Laughlin thanking us for coming up to her birthday party. it was so sweet and loved what she wrote. :)
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Last week's project life :)
Evan's preschool took a field trip today to go see Sesame Street Live. It is performing here in town and some of the preschools in town got to go (for way cheaper I might add too!) :)
It was a long program (an hour and a half)....so we made it to intermission before leaving and heading to lunch with Mike's parents who also joined us. The show was really cute and we had a great morning!
Posted by K.M.L at 2:23 PM
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Posted by K.M.L at 6:36 PM
Saturday, January 28, 2012
It's almost all melted now, but we woke up this morning to about an inch of snow. Beautiful! I took the boys out for a sled ride and we had a great time! It was the best watching Alex enjoy his first ride with his big brother.
Posted by K.M.L at 11:43 AM
Friday, January 27, 2012
Found this idea here and definitely loved it! Have a great weekend everyone!
date: Friday, January 27, 2012
location: living room floor
weather: cold, dreary, windy
reading: through some quotes that I want to use in my Project Life album this week
drinking: water and Dr. Pepper
enjoying: the quietness of this house...both boys sleeping!!!
thinking: about what to make for dinner, finishing this week of Project Life, and going out with some friends for Bunco/drinks tonight!!
loving: that the weekend is here
wondering: when my back will feel better
needing: to take a shower and finish Evan's Valentine's for his classmates
Posted by K.M.L at 2:22 PM
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Not sure if I've shared these or not...but here they are :)
Alex and his teething pizza...
Evan dancing and singing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...
Posted by K.M.L at 7:44 PM
Monday, January 23, 2012
- Took both boys to doctor for follow up with pink eye. They both still have it and Alex actually has a double ear infection too. No wonder his sleep has been so bad this past week. Crazy to think I didn't know...he wasn't pulling at his ears, no fever, etc. ugh...mom of the year :( We had to hold Evan down so they could check his ears/take wax out. He got so worked up he threw up...poor guy. In the end he was happy because the doc brought him a popsicle. Hoping these boys are healthy soon!
- If you could say a prayer for my mom...she had a biopsy done on her skin today to see if it is skin cancer. Any and all prayers appreciated and welcomed...thank you.
- Right now I need to continue weeding out my scrapbook supplies to get rid of things. I have so much stuff and I'm definitely in the cleaning and purging mood.
- Watching the Bachelor...seriously...why do I get sucked in Every.Single.Time! :) I can't stop.
- That is it for now....thank you for the prayers for my mom....
Posted by K.M.L at 8:31 PM
Sunday, January 22, 2012
This is basically just for my record and memory, so feel free to skip if you're not interested! :)
2. Middle Left: Overheard at bedtime one night...Evan said he was Batman and not Evan :)
This look was mostly on Alex's face this week. Poor guy and his teeth. Was so overtired and cranky and up at least 2.5 hours each night crying...
3. Bottom Left: Up early enough to see the sunrise
4. Top Right: Iowa weekend
5. Middle Right: A few random notes and a picture of Evan and his Lion hat he made at school
6. Bottom Right: Woohoo! Alex's 1st tooth
1. Top Left: Iowa Pic
2. Middle Left: B Warm pic from a new toy of the boys...fitting considering how cold it was this week. Also a picture on his Christmas gift from the Morrison's...he drew a picture of himself and said "Hey look mom...this is a picture of me."
3. Bottom Left: Donuts with dads/grandpas note
4. Top Right: Swimming picture in Iowa...love their Superhero swim trunks
5. Middle Right: Our fantastic babysitter Erica with the pink eyed boys :)
6. Bottom Right: Donuts with dads/grandpas
Saturday, January 21, 2012
- Our Saturday started off with both boys sleeping in until 7:30. Awesome! After another rough night for Alex (up from 2-4:30) having them both sleep in was great. Even better was Mike got up with both boys and let me sleep in until 8:30. Man, I love him :)
- Evan did wake up with both eyes crusted shut from pink eye. Having to hold him down to get drops in with him saying over and over "I'm done. I do not like. I'm done" is heart breaking. Hoping that it doesn't last too long. Alex still has it as well but at least it is only in 1 eye now.
- Laundry is started for the day...one of our little tricks is to just have a laundry basket for each boy and to do a separate load for just their stuff. It makes it easier for putting away instead of having to sort it all out. Now, if I could just remember to do that all the time, that would help! I often find myself just throwing both of their pajamas into the same hamper, etc. It's easier in that moment, but I'm kicking myself later when I go to do the laundry, sort and put it away in their dressers.
- Laundry was also started because Evan decided to throw up all over the living room this morning. Poor guy! We had to take off his clothes, Alex's clothes (because he was practically sitting underneath him) and the cover to his "Evan" chair. Hoping it's not more than just an overfull tummy.
- So much for a relaxing morning at home! :)
- As I was rocking Alex and getting him ready for his morning nap, I was sitting and thinking about how fast time goes by. I often get annoyed by having to again get up in the middle of the night or go back and rock him or something....but really. It's not bad. I am going to miss those moments. It seems like it was yesterday that I brought Alex home and he was this little bitty baby...now, he's almost 9 months old! Next thing I know he'll be in his own big boy bed and not wanting to be rocked at all (like Evan now). So...instead of getting upset, I rock a little longer, sing another song, whisper in his ear, stroke his hair/cheek, and hug him a little longer. Not getting enough sleep is okay right now because in the long run I'll miss those tender moments with just me and my son (even if he is thrashing and screaming ;) at me!). It also helps to have a hubby who will let me sleep in too!
- Right now, Alex is sleeping, laundry is going, I am sitting at the kitchen table with a nice, hot cup of coffee, and Evan is playing cars with Mike and they are watching Alvin and the Chipmunks. Seriously...even though the dishes are clean and need to be put away and the floor needs to be swept, I love my life. At this very moment...just us.
Posted by K.M.L at 10:25 AM
Friday, January 20, 2012
- Evan has pink eye...and yes, Alex STILL has it. Ugh!
- Alex is teething bad. He's been up the past four nights for 2.5 hours crying and in pain. Nothing is working for those pesky teeth. I feel so bad for him...
- Excited to have a weekend at home with just the four of us.
- Going to try a new recipe tonight for dinner...I'll let you know how it turns out before I post it :)
- Love these two guys...
Posted by K.M.L at 3:40 PM